Voter FAQs

Am I in Ward 5 or 6?
Ward 5 includes the communities of College Park and River Oaks.
Ward 6 includes the communities of Falgarwood, Joshua Creek and Wedgewood Creek.
Still not sure? Then click here:

Where do I vote?
You will receive a voter’s card in the mail from Elections Oakville with this information. Voter information notices will be mailed out in September. On Monday October 24, you can vote at polling stations in your ward from 10am to 8pm.

When can I vote?
Elections take place on Monday, October 24 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Please visit for additional voting information.

Am I on the voter’s list?
To ensure you are on the list, visit the Oakville Voter Lookup List. At this site you can:

  • Confirm or update electoral information;
  • Add an elector name to an address;
  • Change school support*.

* Catholic ratepayers must declare themselves to be Catholic as well as separate school electors in order to vote for separate school trustees in municipal elections.

What can I do if I arrive to vote and I am still not registered as an English Separate School supporter?
At the polling station ask for the revision table and they can switch your taxes and then give you a ballot with Catholic Trustees on it. Tell them there has been an error and you need a proper ballot.

What do I need to bring when I vote?
In order to vote, please bring your voter ‘s card as well as additional identification.

Acceptable forms of identification include:

  • Driver’s license
  • Ontario photo card
  • Current utility bill
  • Current bank or credit card statement
  • Current insurance policy

I’m going to be away and will miss both the advance vote and voting day. Can I still vote?
Yes! You can vote by proxy. A person who is an eligible voter in Oakville may appoint another qualified voter within the municipality as their voting proxy, using the Voting Proxy form.

Once you have completed the Voting Proxy Form, please email or call 905-815-6601 to book your appointment. The Voting Proxy Form must be certified by the Town Clerk before it is accepted at a voting location. The Clerk will require proof of identity of the appointed voter, before certifying the proxy.

How do I vote for my Catholic Trustee?
Each Catholic Trustee oversees a group of wards:
– One Trustee for Wards 1, 2 & 3
– One Trustee for Wards 4 & 7
– One Trustee for Wards 5 & 6

To find out which Ward you live in click here: